I’m going to let you in on a new beauty secret. You can thank me later.
Have you heard the new craze of sleeping on silk? After researching all the benefits of switching to silk instead of the normal cotton or polyester pillow case and actually purchase silk pillow cases, I will never go back.
Check out the 5 benefits that will have you switching to silk.
Top 5 benefits of silk pillow cases:
1. Less wrinkles – I really don’t need 4 more reasons to switch, I’m sold already. The smooth surface means less tugging on your skin. Preventing fine lines is a long term effect from sleeping on silk. There is less friction then your traditional cotton pillowcase.
2. More hydrated skin – After sleeping on a silk pillowcase now for almost a month, I have personally noticed a difference on the texture of my skin. Silk is less apt to absorb moisture from the skin which makes it perfect for dry seasons. And being from Wisconsin and winter approaching, it’s the best time to test it for yourself.
3. Less frizzy hair – since becoming a platinum blonde I have to take extra precautions to baby my hair. This was a no brainer for me to try. For the same reasons it’s good for your skin, it’s good for your hair. Silk helps reduce static allowing for a smooth glide with your hair. This also helps prevent kinks and flyaways and preserves braids and blowouts longer.
4. Keeps you cool – During our summer months this is so nice, of your the type that maybe sweats while you sleep silk is cooling. This will also help out with tossing and turning. It will allow you to get that beauty rest you need.
5. Helps with Lash extensions – I’ve had lash extensions for almost a year now. Most times when it’s time for a fill, my lash artist tells me how well they’ve held up. Less friction and the smooth service keeps them from being tugged on. Plus I’m able to not toss and turn from side to side. I’m more relaxed.
Some other useful information, if you have allergies to certain bedding silk may be the solution. Silk also helps reduce redness and puffiness when you wake up. Silk is the beauty sleep secret weapon and really does make a difference.
I have this silk pillowcase. I have recently purchased the bedsheets and will let you know how those do. Once I review them for a month or so I’ll report back and link them. I’ve also, started buying silky pajamas and scrunchies.
I think it’s time to make the switch. What have you got to lose?